In 1949 the first Michigan Home for the Armenian Aged was opened in a small farmhouse in Detroit. This was made possible through the efforts of thirteen dedicated Armenian Women and the entire Armenian Community. In 1964 a ten acre parcel of land was purchased in order to meet the demands of caring for the elderly. Manoogian Manor became a reality with the dreams, foresight and determination of many individuals, as well as the generous support of our benefactors, Mr. and Mrs. Alex Manoogian. In 1970 the doors opened and the facility was officially dedicated to the memory of Mr. Alex Manoogians parents: The Takvor and Takouhi Manoogian Manor. Since these beginning days Manoogian Manor has expanded to house 70 residents, of all nationalities, ensuring our elderly a continuance of family life filled with peace, comfort and security.